Passenger car interiors
I use styrene to make bulkheads for bedroom cars. For seats I buy the Pike Stuff coach seats, cut them apart, and glue them to the floor of my cars. If I want to do a lounge or sleeper where there might be single armchairs, rather than the two abreast coach seating, I cut the seats in half and glue styrene to each side for arms, and install passengers. For dining cars, I put the seats in place with passengers seated, and then glue the table tops to the passengers laps. If that puts the tables too low, I ad a small shim to each side underneath the table to raise it up a bit. Dome cars are the most challenging because you need to make a floor for the dome and in effect do two interiors, one for the dome and one for the rest of the car. The IHC interiors were originally made for Rivarossi passenger cars. They can be cut down to fit Athearn or other shorty cars. I heard from a fellow railroad club member that IHC was out of business. A friend went to their web page to get some passenger car interiors, but the page said they were sold out. If the company is now out of business, there won't be any new product.

Messages In This Thread