FORD Auto Module
Today I changed the arrangement of the Stamping Plant to make it an an angle to make it stand out a little more then just having it straight and parallel to the module edges like it was before. This also gives me a little more room for the 2 truck docks on the right end of the structure, and will allow for a more eye catching loading dock scene for boxcars along the front of the plant. A small yard will be layed in the front of the Stamping Plant for some boxcars and auto-racks, and trailer storage will be along the back side of the Stamping Plant (the triangular section of pavment in the photos below). I made sure to leave just enough room for a single siding for the Assembly Plant track for the auto-boxcars to go in and out of.

These pics show the newly rough poured pavement around the Stamping Plant. You can see where the Stamping Plant will rest right up next to the "Paving Tape" once the pavement has been completed (still another 2-3 coats to get it smooth). You will notice that this first coat of pavement is a extremely ROUGH coat. It is very bumpy, but that is how you will get the best results with this Woodland Scenics Smooth-It stuff. Rough coat, followed by a sanding when dry, then a semi-smooth coat, sanding when dry, then a smooth coat. If more smoothing is needed after the smooth coat, then I will do so and apply a "fine" top coat of Smooth-It to get a good smooth finish. Then it will be time for some paint. You will also notice in the pictures below a few spots that were not filled with the Smooth-It, 2 of the spots were where I had to lay additional "Paving Tape" to allow for easier laying of the material, and the long joint along the crack where the 2 pieces of foam meet. These 3 gaps will be filled in the following coats, and in the end you shouldnt be able to see them if I can do a good job hiding them LOL

Without further a-do, here are a few pics of the progress made just a few mins ago. Now we play the waiting game and watch the Smooth-It dry

[Image: SL373907.jpg]

[Image: SL373908.jpg]

[Image: SL373909.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread