doctorwayne's All-Beef Spring Bash Challenge...
...lame attempt. This isn't actually a kitbash (feel free to disqualify it) Wink Misngth as it only involves one "shake the bag" kit.

Well, two kits, but they're both the same and both were, as you can see, cheap Goldth :
[Image: Kitbashingprojects002.jpg]

Here's the parts which I used from the kit:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects007.jpg]

Here's those parts again, with a few extras added on:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects013.jpg]

The extra "boards" (for lettering) are strip styrene from Evergreen, with drop steps from A-Line and grab irons bent from .012" brass wire. The lower door runner is a piece of .015" music wire, allowing the doors to open:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects014.jpg]

As you can see, I used two different trucks on this car, (and another two different ones on the sister car). This used-up most of my "one-of-a-kind" trucks from the parts department and duplicates a situation at one time often seen on the real railroads.

Because the sides are so thin, I added styrene blocks to allow enough material to drill for the sill steps. The floor of the car was altered to suit:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects012.jpg]

Here's the "A" end, showing more custom-bent grabs, including those on the roof walk laterals:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects018.jpg]

And the "B" end, with a brake wheel from Tichy and a modified brake platform from Bowser. The brake staff is more .015" music wire, and the support brackets for the roofwalk and brake platform is .010"x.030" brass bar. I added .010"x.030" styrene tabs to represent the attachment points:
[Image: Kitbashingprojects010.jpg]

Paint and lettering, hopefully next week, will finish these two cars.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread