Bob_suruncle builds a layout
Trust me Wayne I tried everything short of a hammer and was even considering cutting ties and curving the diverging tracks to get where I wanted to go. Got that sorted out with a couple of number fives so I spent a few hours yesterday messing with under track uncoupling magnets to see if I can reduce the need to reach across multiple tracks and scenery when switching along the back drop.... think I will stick with manual uncoupling. Tried an atlas magnet and kept losing cars as I passed over it so I then tried some small round rare earth magnets I have with one under each rail..... placement was tricky at best and spotting cars with the momentum turned on was BRUTAL! plus smaller cars actually would move closer to the magnet after uncoupling just from the pull on the coupler trip pin due to the magnetic force. I could go electromagnets but invariably there is layout structure in the way where I would want them. I still may use one or two Atlas magnets on a couple of sidings but the rest will be manual with a Rix pick.

Messages In This Thread