So I've come to the realization...
nachoman Wrote:Let's not forget proper disposal of waste. I've spent a few years working with groundwater pollution. In the Phoenix area, we can use every drop of water we can get ahold of. Unfortunately, much of the groundwater in our basin is polluted. Nearly every Dry Cleaners and major industrial complex has an associated pollution plume, and not from accidental leakage. Many of these places once thought it okay to simply dump waste chemicals into the ground for disposal. I've pumped out groundwater that smelled stronger than model glue. If you are worried about harmful effects breathing it in your workshop or train room, it is probably not something you should be dumping on the ground or down the sink, either.

Good point, Kevin.
My spent paint-stripping solvents, used brush cleaner, and expired paints (along with batteries of all types, household chemicals and paints, plus unwanted insecticides, and expired fluorescent light tubes, etc.) is all saved and periodically taken to a nearby hazardous waste disposal site.
Almost all packaging for my modelling that is not re-used goes in the appropriate recycling bin and the plastic bits from kitbashing and scratchbuilding are placed in a bag in a separate waste bin in my workshop, eventually also ending-up in the blue box. Of course, like most modellers, not much gets thrown in the garbage. Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread