How to Electrify a railroad
Here is what i've done recently. I've put in the hangers and steady spans for the two bridges i built. I also punched out a few more grab irons, but i need 32 for the long poles (for each pole, 64 for a whole bridge. "standard" bridges need at least half that, luckily). I'm going to have to pick up more brass wire.

There is some question as to whether or not the hangers go all the way down to the steady span on K-brace spans. I've seen it where the hangers ONLY attach to the Messenger wire (the curvy wire), but i've also seen hangers do go down to the steady span. In most of my books, its to hard to really tell. You can kind of see the clips on the steady wire, but the wire itself is often obscure. If there is a general consensus on what is more common, i suppose i can easily change the setup i have now (just snip the wire and unsolder the other end)

[Image: pennmuseumandspringbrea.jpg]

This is the jig a friend made me for making the grab irons for each bridge. They might need a little tweaking before installation, but i don't have to eye ball it and play games. I can just punch the wires and bend them.

[Image: pennmuseumandspringbrea.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread