Shelf Layout Shelving/Supports
ocalicreek Wrote:You guyz with your table saws! Being able to rip down lumber is a plus...I've seen it used on other layouts and the results look good.

I still think mounting on every stud is over the top, but if you're going to be supporting alot of HEAVY N-scale trains 357 then I guess you should go that route. But seriously, if you're going to have other shelves above or below that will be supporting something heavy, OR if you are not going to frame the layout then go every stud. If you are using layout framing or even 2" foam with a light 1x2 frame then you really don't have to worry about sagging between brackets.

LMAO, well, my grandfather has a 6-car garage full of Woodworking and Metal shop tools, so building layouts is always quite simple with the use of everything hes got in his shop LOL

I had forgotten about the shelves below the layout, and the module supports above the layout, that right there is enough that I should do every stud. That Photo Diorama is pretty heavy, and the shelving below will be used to store lots of layout materials, and rolling stock/engines (both HO and N scales)
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread