Model RR clubs.
Recently I attended an NMRA 'Clinic' at a local library office meeting room. I was pleased to see models on a contest table (popular vote for door prizes, not official contest work). There was a presentation by a fellow from a local tourist line about their latest loco project and washouts. There was also a presentation by a fellow who is building his own live steam engine. He passed around side rods he had built. Both were enjoyable and informative.

But the evening began with an update on coming events, a reminder that various videos are available to NMRA members to check out, and a 'what's new' from a local hobby shop owner. These segments, while interesting, were just repeating what's already available online. I know many folks there may not be internet savvy so that's okay.

Visitors were asked to introduce ourselves, which I did along with one other fellow. Apart from that brief introduction, NOBODY introduced themselves to me. I attempted to make conversation but nothing came of it. I recognized a few folks from the recent layout tours I had attended.

I will go again, and will probably join the NMRA in order to access the video library. The upcoming events are available online through the division newsletter, as well as a list of the videos available, so I really don't even have to attend the meetings except for the clinics & contests, which were enjoyable. It was only a few miles from home and happens every month. This seems like a good format, but I've only attended once so we'll see how it goes in the future.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread