Quick weathering
Quote:The Paint-Brush-Only method

First, I re-painted the car using Tamya Haze Grey spray paint. Once dry I apply decals then seal everything with dullcoat.

[Image: Box%201.JPG]

Faded look

The next step is to create a faded look. To do so I used a paint brush and light color water based paint. I apply the greyish-white water-base paint diluted in water in a vertical motion using a wide paint brush. The paint is diluted to create a lighter color. I apply one light coat, let it dry completely and do it again until the "faded" look is satisfactory. Then I sealed everything up with dullcoat.

[Image: Box%202.JPG]

Rust streak

Next I apply a base color that all other will built on. Again it is better to apply many light coats then one too heavy. Using only the corner of the paint brush, I drag a mix of Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber diluted in a mix of rubbing alcohol and water in a downward motion. This is a very fine coat and line in a vertical motion. Once dry I apply another coat on top of it, slightly thinner and darker. Apply dark color over lighter one to increase the effect of depth. Use picture of the real thing as reference. Once satisfy sealed everything with dullcoat

[Image: Box%203.JPG]

Done..

[Image: Box%20Weather%201.JPG]

Good Luck

MLW

Messages In This Thread