HELP...!!!!
OK...So I finally got around to adding power pick-ups on the tender of my PK2000 0-8-0. If you're not familiar with this model, it's got some very prototypical chains on the tender trucks. After finally figuring out how to detach them from the tender - they were held in place with tiny-teenie pins, I went about the business of putting pick-ups on the trucks and wiring them to the decoder. That was the easy part. I buttoned the tender up, checked that all was working OK, and got around to reinstalling the chains back where they belong.....
I've spent the better part of two hours trying to get ONE chain back in place with no success. The chain is squirrelier than a wet bar of soap, and trying to insert the pin into the hole on the tender floor is next to impossible. So....does anybody know how this miracle was accomplished in the first place..?? Are the Chinese endowed with some quality I'm ignorant of..?? Surely they can do it in less than two hours per pin.... Eek
Does anybody have an idea how this can be done without spending the rest of my natural life messing with it..?? The next logical step is to cut them off and call it good.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread