switchlist and "situational modeling"
That's what I like about this forum...open minded individuals that are willing to experiment with a "fresh idea" on a old topic. I had to "stress" the railroad aspect of the topic in order to drive my point home and show the people where I was coming from. I don't think they understood the topic as well as people here. It's not rocket science, you either like it or not. Some may say (in the other forum) that i have taken this issue way to seriously. Perhaps, but in order to "model a railroad", especially operations, there are certain ways to do it. I just "tried to explain" how it was done on the prototype so that those ways can be transfered to the model world.

In the end...it's just a hobby - open to individual ideas. No more...no less. If your happy doing what your doing then I guess it aint all that bad after all. Thumbsup

I am a railroader through and through. I just "took the siding" for a few years, to work for FedEx, so I can be home to watch the kids grow up. No complaints though...it's a great company to work for with good pay and benefits. I enjoy model railroading - mostly switching operations, when I can find the time. (That's the conductor in me, I guess) Now that my son is "coming of age" (he is 6 now) He is starting to become more interested in trains. In the mean time, I still collect railroad timetables as my hobby. I enjoy reading the timeatables. One can learn so much about railroad history just skimming through the pages.

That's it for now.
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread