Dean Distillery
JGLfan - Your use of the molded plastic stone wall makes me wonder if I should have used it! It looks great. I especially like what you did with the roof. BTW - I've been missing your engine facility thread lately, I have stolen dozens of ideas from your pictures Big Grin Have you done anymore on it??

Ed - gotta get that dog! As I may have mentioned, the distillery is bound for a layout which already has all the track laid and wired. So this is kind of an afterthought to the original plan, which means that there really isn't much room for a full blown distillery like Buffalo Springs. Once it's placed, there will probably only be room left for a small pair of silos. I really want to do a Buffalo Springs, but getting anything else besides silos is probably not going to happen. I like your thoughts about it being the size of a smaller operation receiving corn, etc. and putting some livestock on the property to eat the mash. It will give it a little character. Thumbsup

I do think I will do a Buffalo Springs for my N scale at home. I really like the scene of a distillery, warehouse, grain silos, coal trestle and especially the rolling of the barrels on the rails. Do you think it would be appropriate for 1960 era?

Thanks for all the comments......
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread