My Hometown
Hi Charlie and biL---Thanks for your comments---it was a good day even though the traffic was light.I met a fellow railfanner which is very typical as there always seems to be someone at this location watching trains.He was an 86 year old gentleman who kept me entertained with stories about his memories of railfanning at this same location when steam engines were in abundance---I was so interested in his stories I almost missed a picture of one of the trains---I can only hope and pray that I will make it to 86 and relate (even remember) my train knowledge to some "youngsters".
biL---this location has seen some changes in the track plan over the past few years due to the expansion of GO Transit into Hamilton---here's a few pictures from the past showing how things used to be not that long ago with only 2 straight mainlines heading into Hamilton.The switches to the right have remained intact.Now there are three tracks,a slight jog to the right and also a bit of a dip in the track---trains heading out of Hamilton really have to work hard to climb this incline making this spot one of my favourite locations to watch trains

[Image: img850.jpg]

[Image: img833.jpg]

[Image: VIA6445withtrain.jpg]

[Image: img894.jpg]

Messages In This Thread