Kitbashed High Hood GP30
It's about done...with hand painted handrails and step guides. I had to paint them by hand because I couldn't see a way to easily remove the railing and later reinstall them without cutting them away and glueing them back in place. I plan on "dirtying up" the handrails as well as covering everything with a light coat of clay brown below the cat walk. I also need to find a horn, which I think flew off somewhere during construction. Granted the decals hide most of the nose/shell joint, but they aren't exactly the right size for the panels, although supposed to fit according to Microtrains. It still needs a radio antenna as well. With a little weathering here and there...it should look a bit better. (Wow...black is a tough color to photograph.)

[Image: P7290135.jpg]

[Image: P7290132.jpg]

[Image: P7290129.jpg]

[Image: P7290101.jpg]

You're right about the weathering hiding the imperfections...and as soon as that yellow paint dries, that's going to get done.

Thanks for the comments guys. And keep those comments coming - don't worry about how it's going to be received - I trust all comments are for the best and meant to help me improve. This is my first attempt at bashing two engines together to make one, and I know there's a "learning curve"...so if you see a place where I could make an improvement, please don't hesitate to point it out.

Thanks!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread