My Hometown
MartyG ...

Thanks for posting the Fireless Cooker shots! You sparked a memory in me as soon as the top of that photo began to scroll up on my screen. I sat here trying to remember where I had seen one of them and wondering if I had the stamina to take on yet another project (like I really need one more) of looking through ten or eleven metal storage boxes of slides, looking for the several 35mm color slides I took of that little "Fat Boy" just so I can remember where it was that I had seen it!

I have a feeling it might have been in New Hope, PA as the New Hope and Ivyland tourist railroad was there, of course, and the New Hope's primary power is the ex-CN #1533, but the construction/salvage company that bought, saved from scrap and rejuvenated the NH&I RR also managed to acquire a bunch of "odd-ball" railroad equipment from all over the country! Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of that company at this point, either! But I do remember that little 0-4-0 Fireless Cooker was FAT!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread