Scratchbuilding How To Books?
I have alluded before on this forum that I am a "P.K." * (or now that I've graduated college, a "T.O." **) Big Grin

My Dad's last church before he retired, in the late '80's, was that big stone church to your right (near U of Scranton) as you come in to Scranton on the Central Scranton Expressway (I think that's what it's called,) Elm Park United Methodist Church. It's a block east of the huge old Delaware Lackawanna & Western Station, which has been converted to a hotel and a restaurant, I am lead to understand. My daughter's mother and I flew back to Pennsylvania from California to get married there (by my Dad.) ***

Many of those culm piles are still smoldering. The fire that was burning/smoldering in the mine west of Wilkes Barre is still smoldering (or was a year or so ago) and has been since I was in high school (graduated in '65) down outside Philly.

The coming of Steamtown and its being named a National Park saved that town from collapse and oblivion! Wink

* = Preacher's Kid Big Grin
** = Theological Offspring (it sounds more educated 357 357 )
*** = It was on April 2 ... That should have been a clue, but I don't often catch clues unless they slap me in the face. Confusedhock: :oops: Icon_lol Nope
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread