Decorated Atlas H0 bodies
e-paw Wrote:Got a pic or two ?

Those are the AT&SF GP38-2. The second from left is a "real" Atlas Master model. The others are CSS Trainman with AT&SF shells, black painted large tank (CSS has the small tank) and silver painted trucks.
[Image: Img_0197.jpg?t=1281182723]

and here are my former CR SD35 and CNW RS11 with new shells and gray painted tanks and trucks. The RS11 is a very old Atlas model with thick handrails. The CNW had the same handrails. Looks like Atlas is not doing "new things" but clearing their excessive inventory. The gray paint used is PollyS SP gray. Looks like PollyS and Atlas had not the same understanding of he color SP used... I will put some black wash on the trucks and tanks.
[Image: Img_0198.jpg?t=1281182868]

I did not install snow plows because the new engines are used for local switching and transfer jobs only. I am under the impression AT&SF and SP did in general install snow plows but made exceptions if engines are dedicated to local jobs in sunny areas like Houston and LA. The RS11 has the old foot boards as installed before 1966. They are not replaceable but integral part of the shell.

ps.My original home page, and therefor the links to all my photos in this forum, is still not available due to ongoing "maintenance"...
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread