Block Detectors 101
Thanks for taking the time Andrew,
MasonJar Wrote:From what I can read in the picture, it looks like there is an LED included that can be driven by the device to indicate block occupancy. However, the wording on whether it can drive higher voltage or heavier amp draw is obscured - although I am guessing you are right in that it will have to trigger a separate relay or other device for things with heavier loads or different power requirements that what is supplied.

So all that to say -- if all you need is crossing signals, it might just do it.
Andrew

Yes you are right about the LED, but in the diagram it is powered from an outside source and uses two other output connectors on the block detector, and from what I can see is not necessary to operate the device, (However what do I know) :?
It seems that no current is generated by this block detector for it to be able to run a set of signals... but maybe relays information somehow, to another module/device/decoder that opens a switch to start whatever it is (Xing Lights in this case) that it controls when it is sent info that there is a current draw in the block that the detector is hooked into. phwew.
So I am thinking there has to be 3 things to make this work
1. A block detector to send a signal to...
2. A module/controller/decoder? that will close a switch to turn on...
3. A set of signals which will light ......
...............until the current draw has gone, & the block detector sends a message to the controller/module/decoder to open the switch and stop the lights working.

So if this is correct... what is the #2 Item that I'm looking for? I guess an automatic switch controller for an accessory with its own power source.
S'cuse my ignorance, Brains gone dead...
Gawd it sounds like a dogs breakfast, but Lenz (the system I'm using) will have a number for it like an LZR 167. Nope

LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread