Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
Gary S Wrote: ... and I am also gaining some confidence that my modeling skills are okay. ... So much to learn!
I am relatively new to Big Blue (or "The Gauge" as the veterans here call it) and this "Challenge" has forced me to push myself as well. But I must say that the skills that are exhibited here on this Forum are absolutely remarkable! That was almost an intimidating factor to me as a new guy ... but the camaraderie that was evident here made it easy to become involved.

Sumpter250 Wrote: That said, The "summer challenge" has done well in getting so many of us to start ... some really great modeling efforts.......you won't get this from a magazine.

If truer words were ever spoken, it was a long, long time ago!

Gary S Wrote: These "Big Blue Challenges" are awesome, being able to share in other's projects is such a great experience!

That is oh, so true as well, and it's part and parcel of why the quality of the model work here is so high ... we all are all constantly learning from each other, and improving our own individual skills, which in turn, raises the overall skill level of the group as a whole!

Sumpter250 Wrote: To the rest of us who might think we do well, be advised folks, the bar has been raised.

AMEN!

Long Live BIG BLUE at The-GAUGE!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread