Gary S' 2010 Summer Challenge - Bridge
biL, Drew is correct. PowerPoint is some really nice software that is used for slide show presentations. It is simple to add photographs, clipart, graphics, and all manner of bells and whistles along with the text and ideas of the subject. We use it alot, both in the classroom and for presentations to other organizations. The only problem is that it is very easy to get sidetracked by all the bells and whistles, and before you know it, you're spending more time on all the graphics and "pretties" and neglecting the meat of the presentation. Now, its best use is really as a "set of notes" projected on a screen that keeps the presenter on track and on topic, and keeps you from forgetting anything.

BTW, Drew: Congrats on your retirement! Hope you are having fun and enjoying life! Smile

NOW BACK TO THE BRIDGE!

Put some more EasySand down this morning. Used a level to carefully mark the water height on the bayou banks, then taped it to protect the paint on the concrete slabs. Floated on the mud, am now waiting for it to dry. Next will be some sanding and smoothing, filling in air bubbles, and getting it ready for paint.

While it is drying, I will head over to Micheal's.... after Andrew spoke of the paint markers and Kevin mentioned all the stuff he found there, I'm going to look around too. I do need more craft paint and some clear gloss finish to go over the water. Also will look for some fake fur and such.

Here's a pic of this morning's accomplishments:

Attached Files Image(s)

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread