ACTRR is being dismantled and re-constructed
thumsup Wrote:Cheers Nope Man it was never like that way back in the "day". We didn't have a score board mainly because we didn't
have a real "baseball field". And I never was awarded a trophy, because I wasn't very good. 35
But I did have a great time trying. Oh, and Mike I would have been honored to play on a field as grand as yours score board or not. Worship

Thumbsup

I remember being 5 or 6 and playing tee ball. This would have been about 1980. While sipping my capri-sun after the game, I remember asking the coach or my parents whether my team won or not. Us wee lads didn't really know how the scoring worked (or which way to run). But, the coach or parents would always tell us we won. I later realized that nobody was actually keeping score, as the parents were too busy taking photos or socializing, and the coaches were too busy trying to keep the kids from picking their noses and playing with their hats. Plus, it was rare an "out" is ever recorded in a tee ball game among 6-year-olds Goldth, so the score was almost infinate Cheers. I never got beyond tee ball, but I have walked through enough parks on a saturday afternoon to realize little has changed. Most kids younger than about 3rd grade are still mostly clueless about the game (the good kids are probably already placed in an "exclusive" league), and the parents treat the games as a social event. I think Fifer did an excellent job with the "socializing" LPBs in the bleachers and the fence. You still need a scoreboard. Parks near me may have multiple fields, and usually one or two will be "nice fields" with some kind of scoreboard - especially if it has amenities like bleachers and an outfield fence. The ice cream van is a nice touch - but maybe add hot dog cart as well. Depending on your time era, you may also want to consider lighting. Many of the ball yards here have lights
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread