Tum A Lum Lumber Dealer
Excellent interior!

How 'bout 'gatorfoam' for the base? I built a couple dioramas on regular foam-core board before I realized how it would warp when standard diluted white glue scenery adhesion methods would warp it. One I started noticing the warpage the foam got moved to a 3/4" ply board pretty quickly. Even with heavy duty contractor's contact cement holding it to the board (like for laminating counter tops) the scenicked top still wants to pull up and delaminate from the foam layer! Eek

I'm actually planning ahead for a similar dilemma, where I need a thin but strong (and preferably light) substrate for building structures at my workbench before mounting them on the layout. 1/4" ply should be okay, but I've heard good things about gatorfoam NOT warping. Ceiling tile should not swell too much when scenery is applied and homasote WILL NOT warp or swell when wet (the plywood is the more likely culprit - just see the manufacturer's website). Just test out what you're planning to use before committing to it with your hard work on top.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread