getting back into MRR
boppa Wrote:what will actually be happening is that the `full train' will take a dive to a lower level and disappear behind the mills `backdrop'- stopping every 2 carrages (magic electronics stuff) at the same time a `empty' train will also take a dive down and around from a higher level to `come out' the other side of the sugar cane mill at the same level as the first went in- stopping and starting in unison with the `full train'- IE looking like the same train being emptied out of sight `inside' the mill
I think I'm missing something. Surely, to create the illusion that the train enters loaded and exits empty both entry and exit have to be on the same level.

The loaded train drops to the lower level to hide the loaded wagons.
The empty train climbs from the hidden lower section to the higher level and exits with empty wagons.

This means that the empty train has to climb that 5% grade at the same speed as the loaded wagon enters, stopping every two wagons as well. I know electronics can sort out the start/stop motion but 5% uphill with wagons (empty or otherwise) and starting and stopping to boot may just be a little ambitious. I use 1 in 30 ratio as a maximum. So for every 300mm along you go up or down 10mm.

If the empty train is one the exit level already then the distance between the crossover point is going to be about 150mm so that would be the total length that the loaded train has to drop enough to clear the empty train and the bridge support.

In theory it's a great idea but practically I'm not so sure.

Angie

Messages In This Thread