P5se Camelback's 2010 Summer Structure Challenge GERN Plant
Well, people … it looks like unless I can figure out why when I apply an alcohol/India ink wash to the front of my building, I have a white washed brick building instead of a weathered brick building, I won’t be finishing my Challenge building on time!

The last thing I did last night (actually at about 3:30 this morning) was to lay two light coats of Testor’s Dull-Coat on the walls of the building and leave it to dry “overnight.” But twice now today I have laid a wash of denatured alcohol with a number of drops of black India ink in it on the front of the building and the result made my heart sink … :o Confusedhock:

[Image: ABadAlcohol-IndiaInkWash.jpg]

I fixed the wall ... cleaned it up to its former appearance with pure alcohol on a cotton ball scrub two or three times, and then let it totally dry for an hour. I then started over from the beginning. The result was the same … very depressing! :cry:

I must be doing something wrong … but I don’t know what it is … I’m about to throw in the towel … I’m tired … and I feel beaten! Sad

I'll continue my work towards the goal ... I'm starting in on the pairs of wooden loading dock doors -- Pairs! No Roll-ups! But unless I can figure out the cause of the Bad Alcohol/India Ink Wash, there will be no smiles in Lehighton tonight! And no finished Challenge Structure from me tomorrow!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread