Yet another Norwegian signing in
Svein ...

Had I had my head on a little "straighter" (it was the early '70's!) when I was taking courses like "Engineering Theory for Industrial Designers ID 202a" in the Industrial Design Department at Philadelphia College of Art, I would have focused on the type of economy of materials and interlocking srtuctural members for extremely strong, light weight model railroad benchwork for a few of my class project assignments where it would have been appropriate! [Lost in the ozone again!] Icon_lol

The materials were all there, I just didn't "put it together." 35

As I have some health problems now that preclude my lifting and carrying armloads of dimensional lumber and sheets of 1/2" plywood for the typical "L"-girder and plywood/homosote benchwork I've used for the past 40+ years, you've brought my creative juices to a slow boil! With a little creative thought (geez, I miss that!) and a few sheets of the old stand-by roll of Canary Tracing paper smoothed out over a gridded room floor plan, I'll put some effort into "going to school" on what you've done and with the addition of the ubiquitous 2" foam to the bill of materials, draw something up that does what I want, inexpensively, solidly and in "feather-light" fashion, and arrive with a solid foundation for my new model railroad. Stand back ... you've got me thinkin' there, Buddy!

My design education has taught me to respect the design concepts that come from Scandinavia ... serious, innovative thinkers, you people! Thank you, Svein, for "waking me up" to, as I recently chided young Justin, use my head for more than a hat rack! Worship

You and your work are a welcome addition to this already amazing forum!

Now ... where did I put that roll of Canary Tracing ...

Edit: Corrected a glaring (to me) typo.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread