Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Andrew ...

You may have to remotor and build a new system of power pick-ups (to isolate everything electrically) but I don't believe in "impossible," no matter what self-professed Gurus claim. I've been told that my C.1958 open-frame motored Gem Olympia Reading 2-8-0 Class I-5c Consolidation (with the cute tender canopy) will be impossible to convert to DCC.

Oh, YEAH? ...

WATCH ME!!!

So far, I have engineered (with appropriately dimensioned to-scale mechanical drawings) a new motor mount fabricated from 0.020", 0.040", 0.060" styrene parts designed to be welded together using lacquer thinner into a very stable, solid motor mount -- think that will isolate the motor from the frame?
Next step ... re-engineered power pickups. This is important, as I now have three of these little puppies!

When you want something and you put your mind to it - really use your head ... nothing is impossible!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread