Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Andrew,

I think the main problem is the bad power transfer from the rails to the motor.
I think you should change the power transmission from all six wheels to the motor. This is that what I would realize in first position. The front truck should be movable in all directions, so that all four wheels contact the rails in each situation, also while running on poorly laid rails. The model should get so a three-point base with a fixed rear axle and a free movable front truck. If you can than change the front truck so that the side frames and wheels can free follow to twisted rails.

[Image: Brill_RailCoach_11k.JPG]

See this picture in order to understand what I will say with this.

[Image: Brill_RailCoach_19k.jpg]

Try to add power feeders to all four wheels of front truck similarly to this.
These first changes should include also replacing the short and hard pick-ups by longer and softer pick-ups to rear wheels. In case that the motor does not drive the rear wheel smoothly than you should think to replace the motor also including the gear. I gear must be replaced so try to get a gear with a bigger gear ratio than the original. But this should be the second step in changing the model. The first must be to get a break-free power supply to the motor.
Write please if this will be a help for solving your problem. I hope that we can find a solution in order to get a well running digitalized model.

I wish you success for first changes.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread