Amtrak / PC GG-1 Passenger Car Variance
The whole time I was growing up on the "Mainline" outside Philadelphia and for the many years I lived there after the Army, I can only remember ever seeing a diesel on those tracks (GP 30's & GP35's) on long freights as helpers.

It was mostly all GG1's on passenger service, and E33's and E44's on mile-long freights (plus the omnipresent mP54 MUed "Red Cars," as everyone called them, even though they were faded Tuscan Red ... the "growlers" was their other nickname.)

[If memory serves, it was GG1 #4938 that got restored to Brunswick Green with the five gold stripes and was always spotless as she came through Narberth, PA at about 80+ mph, leaning into that curve in the late afternoon with one of the named, through trains bound for Harrisburg on the inside westbound track. What a sight!!]

Green Elite Cab can probably fill you in ... he seems to be the resident authority on Juice Jacks!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread