Checking out a club.
Being a member of the Scale Rails of Southwest Florida club ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scalerails.org/index.shtml">http://www.scalerails.org/index.shtml</a><!-- m --> ), I would like to thank bil (P5se Camelback) for his kind and totally unsolicited remarks about our club. Bad news travels fast and good news is often hard to come by. Being more of a reader than a writer in this forum, I do know that bil has been a big contributor in many forums and I hope that bil will be able to join our club…..it is evident he will have much to offer.

If you are in the Southwest Florida area, we always extend an invitation to any and all model railroaders to visit us at our Depot….10am – 2pm – Tues, Thurs, & Sat (except holidays). We are of course always open to anyone who would like to come by and see what model railroading is all about whether they are a modeler or not. We also have a small “Kids Layout” that children are welcome to run. We love having “retired grandparents” bring their visiting children and grandchildren by to see what model trains are all about and relive some of their childhood memories of their own model train experiences.

From January through April, we hold clinics on various phases of model railroading….10am on Saturday. If you are in the Southwest Florida area, you are always welcome to attend these clinics free of charge and there is no limit on how many you attend.

Having a “Layout Based Club” in Southwest Florida has immediate advantages as we have “NO BASEMENTS” and since many people “retire” to our area, homes often do not have the extra room necessary for a layout. Having a reasonably extensive tool room and three new modeling work stations allows our members to model where they might not be able to do so at home. And doing so with several modelers around often helps answer questions or give tips to improve your modeling skills.

So if you are in the Southwest Florida area, please come by and see us.
dwight77
Dwight Sedgwick, Secretary
Scale Rails of Southwest Florida

Messages In This Thread