Checking out a club.
Well, I had a great time tonight. This experience so far is really recharging my batteries in so many ways.

Tonight when I arrived, I presented my switcher to a couple of the guys who directed me to the dispatcher Todd (geez, I hope I got his name right!). Todd is the man who programs all the locos for the layout and he had me all set up in about 5 minutes. Then I hooked up with Stephen who invited me to work with him as he was working a small switch list and allowed me to run my loco for the session.

He worked as the conductor, telling me where to spot the cars, uncoupling, and which ones to pick up. It was challenging and tad confusing at times, but in about a half an hour I was starting to get a feel for it. He even left me alone for about ten minutes...maybe longer when he went for a smoke break. Which caused some members to crack a couple of rookie jokes and watch out going through "my" area of the layout. The alone time allowed me to operate the turnouts on the switch panels and pick up and set out a few cars on in the area. Which I managed to finish before Stephen got back. I think he was just happy I didn't break anything. LOL!!! We actually managed to get a lot accomplished as we finished our switch list for the one town and moved on over to "Drake Mines" and picked up a tank car and spotted a couple more cars. Then it was time to call it a night. I left my train on the siding (I brought my loco home of course) and packed it for the night.

So yeah it was a good night. My wife commented, "So did you play nice with your choo-choos?" when I got home.

Silly girl. ...of course I did!

Messages In This Thread