Instruction sheets.
rrinker Wrote:That is a great idea - however it may not be legal due to the crazy out of control copywrite law in the US.
--Randy
I'd say that the copyright laws would cause problems for sure if you put scans of instruction sheets, etc., in any sort of on-line for download type web site, without obtaining permission to post the item from each manufacturer concerned.

Perhaps it would be possible to put a forum in the "RAILROAD MARKETPLACE" section here entitled something like "Information Exchange" and then let folks post listings of such items they have available in that forum. You could then contact that individual off group and let them send the requested scans via email. At the moment, I'm not sure how you could keep it organized so that it would be easy to find something you may be looking for, but you should be able to search in that group to see if you can track down something you're needing.

A posting might look something like:
Subject: HO Scale Kit Instructions Available
Then in the body something on the order of: I have the follow instruction sheets available for... and list the kit/model name(s) - one per line, like...
Scale Structures Limited Saw Mill Kit Instructions
Walthers ADM Grain Elevator Instructions
Kato NW-2 Parts Diagram
etc...

Just my two cents worth (before taxes).
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread