Bridge at Mason Park
Gary, you inspire me! I have never gotten a layout beyond the benchwork, sub-roadbed/roadbed, a dozen or so feet of handlaid track including a few handlaid turnouts and hooking up the electrical drops so I could run a locomotive and two or three 30' tank cars or a couple 40' box cars and watch them snake through a pair of # 8-9/16* frogged turnouts! I've never done any scenery in all these years. I've always just gotten just so far and then have to tear it down and move.

I've now acquired a 2"x24"x96" log of blue foam (through the model railroad club.) I'm going to use it to build a photo diorama so that I can try my hand at scenery and at the same time, have a section of track where I can photograph some of my locomotives and rolling stock while I work on getting this next attempt at building a layout to the build level that the last one was ... and then beyond!

But it's your bridgework and the way that you manipulate that 2" foam that has "lit the sterno under me bum" ...

I've been conceptualizing on a drawing pad today! IT FEELS GOOD TO SKETCH AGAIN! I'm having a good time. I'm looking at photos of the twin tunnels at Gallitzin, PA for geography reference.

Keep up the fine modeling and the great photos that document your progress ... I'm always looking forward to the next installment!

* The turnouts were built-in-place when I got there ... I don't have any idea what number they are! Big Grin 357

EDIT: Fixed a couple of an annoying typos!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread