Bridge at Mason Park
A couple more thin coats of EasySand on the foam, with sanding between coats, then worked on the banks with a black wash and drybrushing of tan. Then started on the painting of the water. First coat was black in the middle of the bayou and gray-green on the edges. After that dried, I sanded it a bit, then did a coat of grey-green across the entire bayou. The hard part is waiting on stuff to dry. Well, it is quite tedious painting around the pipes holding up the transition piers too.

It probably won't make any difference that the first coat had black in the middle, but maybe it will help make the middle of the bayou just a bit darker.

I think the gray-green will be the final color of the water, but maybe it needs to be a bit darker... some navy blue mixed in? Anyway, will still do several coats more, with sanding in between. Then I'll try out the gel medium.

In the photos, the paint isn;t dry, and that makes the water look bumpy, but it is actually quite smooth... not like glass or anything, but good enough. :?

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread