Poll: Are You Using Scale Size HO Couplers On Your Equipment
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
All my equipment use scale size couplers
25.93%
7 25.93%
None of my equipment use scale size couplers
25.93%
7 25.93%
I operate with a mix of scale size and oversize couplers
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scale Size HO Couplers
nkp_174 Wrote:If a car is parked on the far side of the parking lot and a front row spot opens up, some people will move their car to get the prime spot. The problem with this rational is that you have to walk just as far to move your car, and then you add on two additional trips to and from this new parking spot. There must be additional benefit to justify this cost. My cars which have worked fine for 10+ years with plastic knuckle couplers will continue to do so until problems arise. Michael

You make a good point here. I hadn't previously thought of it before, but I may decide to not replace the plastic couplers. I plan on running trains of 15 cars at the most. This doesn't really present a problem as far as breaking couplers is concerned. The plastic couplers also have those plastic whiskers on the knuckle as opposed to a metal coil spring, those whiskers sometimes lose their springiness and that may be the only problem I may encounter occasionally.

My coal hoppers, though, WILL need Kadees installed. I plan on using "live" loads, and even a 15 car train is going to need a couple of diesels to get up a grade. The last thing I need is 15 loads of loose coal traveling at runaway speed down into the Spring Hill subway...
-Dave

Messages In This Thread