Ann Arbor RR Mt. Pleasant Branch
faraway Wrote:Dgaken, is is hard to believe this is your first layout. The design and the implementation as far as shown on the photos looks very clean and mature. You bypass all the newcomers errors. You did clearly learn a lot from many sources but you have also a talent for clean design. Do you have a profession that teaches you design, proportions etc.? You might be an artist of any kind.
Congratulation, you start is very promising.

Thank you for the kind words, Reinhard. I wouldn't say that I've been too successful in bypassing those errors common to newcomers as I do have a closet full of buildings that I've purchased and could not fit into the layout! However, those two to three years of collecting prior to construction did afford me an opportunity to review many layouts and get a feel for my interests.

The track plan was the beneficiary of some careful planning, but mostly heeding cautions posted by others on this site and others. (Also, after benchwork construction was complete I did try MANY track configurations- each previous attempt was simply too congested.)

You're certainly the first to allude to my artistic ability, so thank you for that!

Messages In This Thread