Charlie b's layout
tomustang Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:my layout....

Yep just damn, I know I haven't commented in here alot and well the reason is damn! Saying your progress is bad-a** every time you post another image would be too repetitive. I love the progress, love the concepts, love you can go all out more than most of us can with that size. Kudos to all your work Thumbsup Thumbsup
Thanks Tom.
I started a layout in 1984 at my other house. It is in a 17X28 foot room and the minimum radius curve is 36 inches. When I lost my job in 1994 and got the job running the railroad we just couldn't afford to drive the 75 miles one way, not to mention the 4 hours a day we would have commuting. I put one of my kids in the house to keep it occupied or I would not have been able to insure it. That was going to be my last layout. Goldth (It is still in tact and runable although far from finished, and won't be now)
I spent the first 10 years of my life along the Bayard branch of the PRR, then the next 5 along the Pittsburgh/Chicago mainline, then another year and a half living about 300 feet from the Bayard again. I guess that explains why I am a PRR nut, but I'm not going to follow any hard set rules. I hate rules so I will run what I want, when I want it.
I have a lot of friends that were my volunteers at the Kiski Junction, and I hope to have them over at least 2 times a year to operate.
Other than the dogs I am fortunate that I have no other vices to take my money. I quit smoking 2 years ago, and the few beers I drink wouldn't keep an HO scale brewery in operation.
I like running long trains at times, and I like the idea of running helpers too. I'm looking forward to the scenery.
I don't wish to be the envy of anyone, I just want to share what I have. This has been a life long dream.
Thanks for all the interest and all of the input from all of you, and lets just say, Merry Christmas to all.

Charlie

Messages In This Thread