How to paint with the best results possible?
Information contained in threads like this one is priceless. I just bought a Badger 155 Anthem kit (almost 50% off!!) and I am eager to test it out before putting it to practical use. I may buy some canvas board at an art store and try doing some airbrush painting to get a feel for how the brush works. It seems though that most people have a preferred paint (oil or water based).

The only question I'd like to pose, and I may have missed it, is what is the average ratio of paint to thinning agent do you folks use? I've read everything from 1:1 to 10:1. So for MMR'ing what is generally a good starting point? For some reason 3:1 is in my head.

Oh and one thing I'd like to add for stripping paint, I've been following the CNJ Bronx Terminal Build. Tim Warris swears by Easy Off Oven cleaner for stripping paint off of models. He claims its safe to use on just about anything as it doesn't attack, brass or plastic.
http://www.bronx-terminal.com/?cat=20
Just thought I'd put that bit of info out there. Besides...I imagine a can of Easy Off easily obtainable in a pinch as most of us probably have a can of it in the house for cleaning our ovens somewhere. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread