P5se Camelback’s EOY Challenge
P5se Camelback Wrote:I made the trip the 87 miles up the interstate to my "LHS" and bought a few things ... Then I climbed back into Horace, the Dodge pick-up truck for the 2-plus hour drive back home ... it is a bit of a trip for this old guy who most weeks only puts about 8 to 10 miles on his vehicle.
I am a bit concerned about sourcing the correct decals and receiving them in time to complete this project by the deadline I may have to cobble something together from several other sheets - a word here, a couple letters there, a number or two over here.
The miles I put on the car when I was in Field Service, make even 87 miles look like a short trip these days. Big Grin Big Grin

If you can find dry transfers with the right font, and sizes:::: Prime the car with the letter color, apply the dry transfers, shoot the carbody color, and use masking tape to remove the dry transfer lettering.
What's left is the lettering....in the color you wanted in the first place.
The numbers on this loco were done that way:

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread