Distilled Water?
I originally used alcohol to thin PollyScale paints and found that the paint would dry even before leaving the airbrush - it soured me on water-based acrylics for some time. For some dumb reason I one day looked at Testors' website and saw their recommendations for thinning and spraying PollyScale - they recommend distilled water and 15/20psi for spraying, as opposed to the alcohol and 25/35psi I had seen recommended on several other sites. I took a chance that they might know something about their product, and spent almost four hours successfully airbrushing a large number of freight cars, with not one incidence of clogging or erratic spray. Who'd athunkit? Misngth

I do use a different ratio of paint to thinner, and have found that you can use up to about 90% water for applying weathering, making it easier to get some subtle effects.
Trawna tap water is probably very similar to the local offering here (outa the same lake), and I can say for sure that distilled water is preferrable for decaling. You can pick up a gallon (U.S. Wink ) cheaply at the supermarket, or, if your dehumidifier is clean, use the water from it - I was a little leery on this, but tried it and it worked very well. Thumbsup

Wayne

Messages In This Thread