"End of the Line" at Cimarron, NM - a HOn3 Shelf Switcher
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Your track plan reminds me of a railroad that used to be featured in Model Railroader years ago. I remember that the builder's last name was King, and that he passed away a few years ago, but I cant remember his first name. He modeled a town in the 1880's I think on his layout which consisted of bench work about 2x4 or 2x6 if I remember correctly. His staging was based on an old vinyl record turn table with a "bridge" fastened to it that would hold the entire train. The train would enter the modeled portion of the layout, be switched in the town and the engine turned on the turntable and then return to staging. To bring it back he would turn it on the staging turn table and bring it back on scene. His locomotive was an old time 4-4-0.

P5se Camelback Wrote:And there was often a little Jordan 1923 Model T roadster/pick-up near the front of the scene in his photos!

MasonJar Wrote:Ben King?

Brakie Wrote:Yes,That was Ben King and his railroad was called Timber City & Northwestern.

That's the power of the internet for you...!

Now we have the name of the modeller, the magazine that he was published in and when, and the name of the layout (the era still needs a little work - although I'd lean to biL's suggestion that it was the 1920s, as Model T's weren't around in the 1880s). And I'd forgotten about the turntable-turntable...! Wink

Andrew

Messages In This Thread