Liberty Industrial Spur
Justinmiller171 Wrote:
steinjr Wrote:Going back to your latest idea - the New Haven in New England. Are you sure that this is what you really want? Or would you like a little more time to think about why (and if) the New Haven would be better than the SP, the WP, the Milwaukee or the BNSF for you? What is it about it that makes you feel more enthusiastic about this railroad than about the railroads you have already listed?

Well, I like the equipment, I like the scenery, and I like the era.

I am not asking if you like it. You like a lot of different things. As do I, and lots of other people who like trains.

I am asking why you think it would be a *lot* more likely to *stay* interesting than your previous layouts.

Justinmiller171 Wrote:
steinjr Wrote:How big do you want to make this layout? Be realistic this time. Have you looked for scenes you would like to model?

Max size is 14"x8', scenery would either be an end of a branch-line or a semi-urban industrial area.

The track-plan I am currently thinking about is one of fluesheet's earlier designs based off of one of Stein's designs:
[Image: p250869815-5.jpg]

Some changes I would make would be to make warehouse 1 a non-railserved background flat, make the Rip track a diffrent industry, and make the track end on the left side, trains would be stages on the middle-right track, I would also make the layout a few inches deeper to allow for some scenery up front.

What makes this highly generic track plan the New Haven in New England in the transition era, and what makes you think you will *stay* interested in this one, compared to all the other track plans you have already started on?

Not trying to hound you - I am just trying to make you think about *what* your goal is, and *why* you want what you want.

Btw - if you just wanted a generic 8 foot by 14" (mostly) layout, at least fix the mistake I made with the runaround in the plan above - putting the runaround up against the industries and centering it instead of offsetting it to one side. Maybe something like this:
[Image: winstead.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread