CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Gary S Wrote:Okay, the drawing makes me see what is going on. Nice solution to the varying water levels. You've picked a unique operation to model. Great job, look forward to more photos as your work progresses.

Yeah. That's what really sold me. I'd heard about it, in fact I think one of the members (ocali?) commented on CP doing this type of car float operation but I never really gave it another thought and I should have listened and dug deeper when it was suggested. 35 Truth be told, I was already re-evaluating the pier, truss bridge and float operations I had originally planned on but didn't know what exactly I was going to do about it.

That was...until I saw a recent edition of RMC. They did a several page article about the CP Float Ops in BC plus a handful of great pictures. Immediately I was sold on the idea. It looked so dynamic, so crazy, so dangerous...so Canadian. I could also model my float operation without having to do so much Freelancing Gymnastics to justify it. Now I can say with a certain amount of conviction that my layout is a Freelanced Prototype based on Car Float Operations in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia.

Which brings me to another thing that has crossed my mind. Eventually I'll be opening a new thread and no longer posting layout progress in this one. It doesn't make sense to keep calling it Scarborough Harbor when the prototype is on the otherside of the country. So I'll have to think of a new name for my CP Branchline. A name that gives a feel for the area of the Kootenay Region. Once I install the float...I'll have to give the new name some serious consideration.

Messages In This Thread