Photo Posting Clarification Needed
Appreciate the input, Charlie. Are you saying okay to a link, but not okay to a link inside an instruction? Or are you also saying "no" to even posting a link? I don't see alot of difference in those two, just that in one the reader has to click on it, in the other, Big Blue clicks it for you. If someone places a photo on the net with an internet address viewable by the public, I don't see an issue in posting that address either in a link or in a instruction, especially if credit is given.

I actually have mixed feelings about saving the photo and then uploading it here and posting it with credit given, even though it may save some bandwidth for the site where the photo came from.

As for asking permission first, that pretty much negates me using these photos in posts here because I won't send a permission email, wait a few days for a reply, then remember what topic we were discussing to make the post with the photo, and the topic would be dead by then anyway.

Since it really doesn't come up that much, all of this isn't a big deal, but is interesting to think about. Smile

Messages In This Thread