Photo Posting Clarification Needed
Thanks for the reply, Charlie. Thumbsup

It is a difficult and multi-faceted question for sure, with many different opinions and many different "what if" scenarios that could be pondered. At this time, I personally see nothing wrong with image linking the boxcar photo of the model and giving credit for it, making it obvious that the photo is not mine, and I received no monetary gain, and I don't think the photo hurt the historical society in any way. I don't see a moral difference between linking to the photo and image linking to the photo. Of course, it could be considered unethical even to post the link at all?

Of course my opinions are subject to change as more evidence comes in, which is why I started this thread in the first place. I try to base my opinions on logic and reason, and the thoughts of the good folks here certainly help to hone my thinking process.

The laws are necessarily vague. Believe it or not, the lawmakers do take into consideration the ethics, morals, fair play, and reason in the situation. And since they included the "fair use" exclusions, they do believe that some use of other's material, on ethical and moral grounds, is okay.

Thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts!

Messages In This Thread