All this on a 4x8?
Very beautiful scenery. It is really the scenery and buildings that make this layout - track plan wise is a double oval with industry tracks into the center. Good idea with the river as a scenic divider, splitting the layout into the one bank and the other bank, the three road crossings, and the waterfront area in the corner.

Also creative use of two crossings to run three tracks (elevator, other industry and engine house) one way, and a team track (or whatever it is) the other way. Four of five spurs are trailing spurs for a train running clockwise on the inner loop.

For a 4x8, not too bad radius wise - you can easily do 18" radius on the industry tracks and inner loop, and 20.5" radius on the outer loop (turnouts in illustration are Peco code 75 mediums, track is flextrack):

[Image: 4x8-scenicked.jpg]

It could be that my turnouts are a little off - I drew this from memory after having watched the film once, and there probably are a couple of crossovers I didn't remember there - probably from inner to outer loop at lower right and from other to inner loop at rear right somewhere - that would be best to try to avoid too bad S curves.

Nice!

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread