Your Layout
My layout out is a modern "What if" of a Railroad named The Central New England, that ran from Campall Hall, PA east to Hartford Ct. It crossed the Hudson River at Poughkeepsie, NY, from a bridge that back in 1888 when it first opened was touted as"an engineering wonder", and was used right up until the mid 1970's when a hot box from a(Sorry Ralph) Penn Central train set it afire. The bridge is still standing and is being used as a bike/walkway.

My layout is loosly based on the portion that ran in the northwest corner of Connecticut(where...You guessed it..I grew up).
Since I like modern locos and equipment, I model as if the railroad(Which was actually abandoned, and ripped up in 1938) ran today. My CNE interchanges with the fictitiuos Southwick and Winsted, in Winsted, Ct, The Housatonic(a real Railroad) in Cannan, Ct and the CSO(Connecticut Southern...another real railroad) in Hartford. I also run a commuter train called the Litchfield Hills. I have scrtach built two stations that have actually at one time or another stood along side the CNE main. Motive power for the CNE is two SD70's, 1 C44-9W, and assorted first and second gen GP's
My CNE claims to have the "Only operable Union Pacific Big Boy in the United States", as well as a Consolidation and a three truck 80tn Shay.

The layout is still under construction, though some parts have been sceneiced
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread