We need a GERN thread
P5se Camelback Wrote:
RRManiac Wrote: There have been a couple of deep mines opened up near South Hill, Virginia. The South Hill & Eastern Foothills RR is currently being built to the mine to service it. For now, it's all being trucked out.

I was under the impression that the mineral/ore/material from which GERN derives its magnificent Flux products came exclusively from a vein discovered under the Canadian side of certain Great Lakes. Possibly, I have misunderstood.

We need the good doctorwayne to set us straight, or at least to set me straight.

Well, I am from the Canadian side, but I'll not claim to speak definitively for Wayne, Cookie Gibson, or other flux magnates! Wink I do however, believe that the beauty of flux is that it can be found where needed, and applied in a manner that measurably improves the desired quality of that to which it is applied (the only "drawback" being that the amelioration is limited to 3%). Thus it can be found in Canada, Scotland, Virginia, or wherever you happen to think to look. It can subsequently be shipped, processed, or otherwise used in any location worldwide for any purpose imaginable. Hence medicinal flux, dessert grade flux, flux-o-leum aircraft paint, plaid upholstery, and countless other applications.

Wink Smile Big Grin

Andrew

Messages In This Thread