Southern Pacific Switching Layout
ocalicreek Wrote:If you think laying down some track on a door is going to take a while to get trains running, then have I got news for you about hand-laying track. It won't take long IF, and only IF, and this is a monster big IF, you plan ahead, work in stages and do a little every day. Be brutally honest with yourself before you start such a project - how likely is this ever to happen?

I am going to use sectional track for the layout now, I was thinking IF I ever get around to it, I could replace the sectional track with hand-laid after I finished the layout.

ocalicreek Wrote:Sorry to be so negative, dude, it's just hard to fathom changing your mind so many times. It can't be any fun and that's what model railroading is supposed to be. If you're enjoying yourself, then more power to you.

Trust me, I am not enjoying myself changing my mind alot Sad , that's why I thought of building a timesaver, that way I could just run trains without having to build a very good layout.

I'm sorry I keep changing my mind so much, it's not that I don't appreciate your advice, it's just that I get overconfident in my abilities when I have a layout idea, I look at a track-plan (Or another layout) and think to my self "I can do something like that!" but whenever I actually think about it most things are way beyond my ability. I need an Idiot-proof layout to build and hopefully a timesaver will be just that. Misngth
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread