Rico Redux - Kitbashing a Klassik Station
nachoman Wrote:Very nice. A very classic kit that I've seen that station kitbashed many times. I was once considering kitbashing one myself, but could not seem to figure out how to make it fit into the footprint I have.

Kevin - You'll see as the thread goes along that the passenger station is narrower than the original kit by about a half inch. And since I used two kits I was able to have a lot more flexibility with my wall arrangements, greatly simplifying the construction as well. Almost all the kitbashes I've seen of this structure never make good use of the walls, leaving wierd gaps and sections without siding detail, windows in odd places, etc. Perhaps the best kitbash I've seen (prior to my own humble efforts, of course) was Malcom Furlow's station for the San Juan Central project layout.

biL - The turnout control article will be in the February issue (next month!) of Model Railroad Hobbyist e-zine. Last night I submitted two 'tips' to MRH, that came from this kitbash project, actually. c'mon, man, keep up! Wink

sumpter - It's a great starting place for a kitbash. There are many nice elements in the kit like the roof and windows that it has going for it already.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread