Terrain Dilemma
Glad you got a chuckle out of it, but it's true. Of course as the EEs we used to say the MEs had it easy - same formulas but without the imaginary numbers. And the IEs, those were just Imaginary Engineers.
No other comments but this - everyone, regardless of major, had to take Economics 1. Engineers usually off semester from the business majors. There was more than one business major in my class trying for the THIRD time to pass this class. Icon_lol

On the actual topic, I'm trying to figure out how I cna build a hill tall enough to have a road bridge over the tracks at one spot without it lookign too contrived. There's not a lot of space to work with, at least in a way that won't block the spot of one of the industries I want to put in. It's a rather rickety old road bridge that is still in place, one of those "oh, I know exactly where you mean" kind of details, and the track below the bridge IS in a steep rock cut, but I have about 3 feet of linear space to go up 4" and come back down. The real world in this area is rather undulating, no more than 1/4 mile from this street bridge, the railroad crosss over another road - and the tracks are not on a steep grade. You don;t really notice this unless you think about it - drive UNDER the tracks, make a left, go 1/4 of a mile, make another left, and drive OVER the tracks. I may have compressed distance too much though to make this work, but I REALLY want to work that bridge in. For those familiar with the Lehigh Valley area, I'm talking over by AIr Products on Tilghman, where you go under the tracks, go south on what used to be 100, left at the church, and over the tracks. I'd include the churve but my benchwork on that side isn't really wide enough to fit the building - I could probably put the old part of the cemetary there though.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread